Orange is the new black...my obsession


I must confess, I am a total late bloomer.  Basically that is short for ; 'by the time I catch onto things they are not the latest thing any more'. That goes for songs, dance moves and very clearly some hit TV shows as well.  Orange is the new black,  is case and point. 
Ok, I have beaten myself up over this enough. My late bloomerish-ness, (yes I am quite aware that this isn't actually an English word) isn't up for debate.

I have now binge-watch-ed the entire first season,  and oh boy! What a treat. I totally love the character of  Susannah aka 'crazy eyes', any writers out there ready to write a South African character like that, please call me...I'm ready. She isn't the only one,  there's a Russian in the kitchen,  a group of Mexican women and a group of Bible thumpers that also had me in stitches, not to mention of course the  enigmatic lead character Piper, who just never seems to stay out of trouble for very long.

This colourful array of characters captured my imagination in  a similar way to the Prison Break characters.  I relished every foray taken into the lives of these crazy bad, badder and baddest women, serving time with 'Piper Chapman'.

Besides my crush on the lady who plays Alex Voss, that's that dark, smouldering woman with the heavy eyeliner and secretary glasses in the picture above. There are other reasons to watch the show, like the fact that the script and performances are excellent.  So if you haven't seen it,  and you relish the idea of seeing what happens when you throw a couple of crazily entertaining and dangerous females together, then get your hands on Orange is the new black.  It surprised me how much I enjoyed it. Yes, we all have a dark side. Get over it. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts