Letter from a woman

Letter from a woman

Dear Men and Women

There are men out there who do not cheat!!! It is not just a rumour. Good men who have respect for the fairer sex because they were brought up by hard working women who were not perfect, but who knew how to build their homes, a man who is man enough to help you with the dishes every now and then just because he can see that you are tired after a long day at work. There is a man out there (more than one in fact) who is not scared to tell his ‘boys’ that he is staying home to spend time with his woman/ wife/ girlfriend. A man who will say you are the most beautiful woman in his world, even when you are wearing your clothes to clean the outside toilet. This is because he is the type of man who sees you not just for how you look, but for the type of person you are inside as well. Our looks will eventually fade, ladies. We need to ask ourselves, if you have to put on make up everyday and a weave in every month just to keep him, is he really yours?

For so many years women have had to put up with so much nonsense from men, to such an extent that it has become normal to be unhappy in a relationship. We have started to think that if he is not stressing you, either by hitting you or cheating on you then it has to mean that he does not love you. How sad.

We should never have to accept that we will be cheated on, just because so many other women have had to accept it. If you can control yourself as a woman, who is constantly getting asked out by other men, who want to give you the world and more, then why should not the one you are with control himself?

Women need to truly know their worth. He is not doing you a favour by being with you. He gives you what you need, and in return you give him what he needs. Why do we have to settle for less? Why do we women think something is wrong with us, when HE messes up? You were not put on this earth to be his guard. If he really respected himself, he would not feel the need to sleep with every woman who looks at him twice.

A confident and well adjusted man knows that his money does not make him. If you could take the car or the suit or the wallet from some of the men we meet, all you would find is a shallow man, who is insecure. And the only way he knows how to feel better about himself, is to hurt, pillage and destroy in his wake. That’s not a good man. A man is meant to be a protector as much as he is meant to be a provider. Just because you give me money to do my hair, it does not mean you own the ideas that come out of this head. Just because you pay for the roof over my head, it does not mean I have to accept that sometimes I won’t know where you sleep at night.

A woman should submit to her man, and he should love and care for her as he loves and cares for his own body. The bible says he should love his wife as Christ loved the church. This should not be optional.

When a man finds a good woman, he should hang onto her with all he has got. A good woman will meet a not-so-all-together-man and turn him into a knight in shinning armour. Why do you think that other women will only start chasing after a man once he has a woman by his side? And have you ever noticed that the will only stay with him while he is with you? That’s because they never have to worry about ironing his shirts or picking up his socks. They see him after you have catered to him, in that way that only you can. They only want him after the tender pays off, they don’t know that you were the one holding his hand while you prayed that his meeting would go well. If he does not see what his life would be without you, then sister- rest assured that the problem does not lie with you.

Relationships are not always easy. Love the one you are with, with all their faults and failings, but please don’t settle for less. And as for the marriage question: you should never have to force anyone to love you, stay with you or marry you, in fact please don’t. Only stay where you are wanted. Remember, one man’s rubbish is another man’s treasure.

Send this to all the sisters you know. It may just help somebody realize that he will never change, or marry her. This might help someone to finally pack her bags.

To all the wonderful men I have met in my life, some who have loved me but left me, others who broke my heart but taught me how to love myself, thank you. If it were not for you, I would have never learnt that I don’t need a man to complete me or to make me whole. I am whole all by myself, all I need is someone to walk this journey of life with, and someone who will laugh at my jokes and tell me that he loves me. And not because I am desperate to hear it, but because he really just wanted to say it!!!

Comments

  1. Salamina...this is amazing....this is life changing believe me..wow..Thank You Sister..I think as women, re a itebala and settle for way less like u said...I will make it a point that I pass this to all the sisters! Thank you..and stay blessed...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts