"His eye is on the sparrow..."

I heard such a beautiful story this morning, while I was driving to work. It's the story of a little three year old girl in America. Police found her standing outside a pizza shop alone and in tears. It doesn't sound like anything too out of the ordinary yet, until you hear that it was on a particularly cold and snowy evening.

The policemen who found her noticed small tracks in the snow and realised that these must have been her footprints. They followed the tracks straight back to her home, found the door wide open and started to fear the worst. Thinking that they must have been a housebreaking, they went in guns blazing, only to find that everyone in the house was sound asleep, with no clue about what had just had taken place.

It turns out that the little girl had had a dream that her mom had stepped out to go and buy her some pizza, so she had gone out to join her mom. In her sleepy confusion, and clearly in a dreamy state, she had gotten out of her bed, put on a coat over her nightie, slipped into her Wellington boots, let herself out of the house and walked a couple of miles in the snow to her favourite pizza store.

Thankfully no harm came to the little girl, and she was ofcourse happily re-united with her family. Needless to say, they will now be adding an extra padlock higher up on the door so that something like this does not happen again.A beautiful story indeed.

What struck me most about this little example of a modern day miracle, is that it really could have ended badly. She could have frozen to death in the snow, or gotten lost or even worse been spotted by a child predator and gone missing. Her parents would have never known what had become of their beautiful little girl. But this story has a happy ending because Her protector was watching over her, as He does with us and for this my heart is happy.

This reminded me of that beautiful song we used to sing in Primary school...
    • " I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
      For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
  1. “Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
    And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
    Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
  2. Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
    When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
    I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."
Just wanted to share this with you. I hope it touched you like it touched me. Be blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts